Quick Exit

Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board

Where does abuse happen

Last updated: 14/07/2020

Anyone can harm you. They could be someone you know or a stranger. Harm or abuse should never happen to you. Harm or abuse can happen anywhere at any time.

Places where harm or abuse can happen:

  • At home
  • At a day centre
  • In a hospital
  • At work
  • At college
  • At a club
  • In the street

What can I do?

If harm or abuse is happening to you, you need to tell someone that you trust. You must do this as soon as you can.

People who are there to help you include:

  • Your family
  • Staff who support you
  • The police
  • A social worker
  • A doctor
  • A friend
  • A nurse

If you are worried you can call Bracknell Forest Borough Council Adult Social Care on 01344 351500, or you can email them, or you can look at their website pages

If it is an emergency dial 999 and ask for the police