Safeguarding standards - self-assessment guidance
Last updated: 15/11/2021
Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board (BFSB) works to support its partners in order to ensure they are compliant with the safeguarding standards required to keep adults safe, and:
- clearly and simply identify shared responsibilities for safeguarding adults at risk.
- provide tools to support assessment against agreed safeguarding standards.
The Bracknell Forest Self-Assessment Safeguarding Tool is designed to help all organisations reflect on how robust their arrangements are for a range of safeguarding scenarios that broadly fall within the following four areas:
- Their recruitment, training and supervision/support of staff/volunteers.
- Their development of safeguarding procedures that are routinely reviewed/revised.
- Their leadership and the quality of the governance provided by senior managers/trustees.
- Their ability to work collaboratively and know how and when to share information.
Guidance 'Too Important to Get Wrong' has been produced to accompany the tool.