Quick Exit

Bracknell Forest Safeguarding Board

Who can help me?

Last updated: 10/11/2020

Where and how to report abuse

The wellbeing and safety of vulnerable adults is our main concern.

Who is an adult at risk?

An adult at risk is a person who:

  • is 18 years or over
  • has health or social care needs, including carers (irrespective of whether or not those needs are being met by services)
  • may be at risk of harm
  • may be unable to safeguard themselves as a result of their health or social care needs. (Law Commission review 2011)

Are you worried about yourself, or someone else?

If you are, please don’t stay silent:

If you are concerned that a vulnerable adult is at risk of or experiencing abuse or neglect, or you yourself are a victim of abuse, you should report it straight away.

(see ‘Report abuse’ buttons at the top of this page).

If you are concerned about someone, please phone Adult Social Care on 01344 351500.

Or you can report your concern using this online form.

If emergency help is required when the office is closed, the Out of Hours Team can be contacted on 01344 351999

If you think someone is in immediate danger, please phone the emergency services on 999. Do not put yourself or anyone else at risk.

What will happen next?

If you report concerns because you suspect that a vulnerable adult is being abused, or you are being abused yourself:

  • You will be listened to and your concerns will be taken seriously.
  • Your concerns will be looked into fully and fairly.
  • You will be involved in decision making and trained staff will work with you to stop the abuse and agree with you steps to protect you from further harm.
  • You will get advice about the help and support available.

To help us respond to your concerns it is important for us to know what you, or the person experiencing the abuse, wants to happen next. Our work with you will focus on what is important to you, what you wish to achieve and in what way we can help to keep you safe. There are times when we will need to share information with partner organisations to help improve your safety and well-being.

Further information and support

The following organisations can give more information and support: