Quick Exit

Report a Concern

If you are worried about a vulnerable child or adult, it is important that you report your concerns to the appropriate people, as soon as possible. This will help to ensure the safety and well-being of the individual is put first.

In an emergency where there is a threat to life or serious injury call 999, or if you are concerned that a crime has been committed, call 101.

I'm worried about a child

If you’re concerned about the safety and wellbeing of a child right now, you should phone:

  • 01344 352005 (8:30am to 5pm, Mon-Fri)
  • 01344 351999 when office is closed.

In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999.

Before making a referral to MASH consider if the child or young person’s needs can be met by services from within your own agency, or by other professionals already working with the family. Read their advice for professionals and complete the safeguarding referral form.

Early Help Pathway

Some children may require early help where their needs are not clear, or not being met. Complete this form to request support.

Parents seeking behavioural, emotional or mental health support for their child should also use this referral form to request help.

If you want more information on ‘what is child abuse?’ then the NSPCC provides information on the different types of abuse, spotting the signs and the effects of abuse.

I'm worried about an adult

If you need guidance or advice, you can call:

  • Adult Social Care on 01344 351500.
  • 01344 351999 when office is closed.

In an emergency, or if you believe someone is at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999.

To alert us about adult abuse, fill in this safeguarding concern form.

The following organisations can give more information and support:

Concerns about people working with children or vulnerable adults

Allegations against people who work with children

Referrals to the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) should be made where there are concerns that someone who works (in a paid or unpaid capacity) with children may have:

  • behaved in a way which has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child.
  • possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child.
  • behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates that he or she would pose a risk of harm if they worked regularly or closely with children.
  • behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates they may not be suitable to work with chldren.

In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999.

Any allegations should be reported immediately to a senior manager within your organisation and to the LADO within one working day.

The LADO will be able to offer an initial discussion about the concern.

Phone: 01344 351572

Email LADO@bracknell-forest.gov.uk

Further information and the LADO referal form can be found here.

Allegations against people working with adults with care and support needs

The Care Act 2014 requires a clear policy for dealing with allegations against people in positions of trust (PiPoT) i.e. anyone working in either a paid or unpaid capacity with adults with care and support needs. The Berkshire Allegations Management Framework sets out the standards for clear reporting requirements which must be applied by an organisation where a concern is identified.

All allegations against a person in a position of trust must be reported to the local authority.

Phone: 01344 351500